Thursday, May 29, 2008

Things I Learned in Texas

  • I’m not a big fan of Ethiopian food.
  • I am a big fan of Persian and Thai.
  • I love sticky rice.
  • And Italian frozen yogurt…with mango on top.
  • I have never really experienced humidity.
  • In Texas, all good things come in a strip mall.
  • The freeway is an exciting yet dangerous place.
  • High stakes standardized tests ruin education.
  • Pre-made activities are a teacher’s best friend.
  • Keys to classroom management: keep them really busy and give good directions.
  • You can’t force a kid to care about his education.
  • It’s hard to care about education when you’re worried about that gang across the street.
  • Bahá’ís are generally pretty cool people.
  • I like art and art museums…a lot.
  • I’m a sucker for cheap books.
  • I take better pictures when I’m not surrounded by photographers.
  • I should look into an ESL certification, I think I would like that.
  • I, apparently, am the opinionated one. I have yet to determine if this is a good or bad thing.
  • I can live with girls…and like it.
  • As long as the traffic signs don’t explicitly say you can’t, you can.
  • U-turns are a beautiful thing.
  • The pledge to Texas
  • I think the world would be a better place if we let the Bahá’ís take over; divinely inspired or not, Bahá’u’lláh seemed to know some things.
  • It’s hard to start fresh but even harder to say good-bye.

No comments: