Sunday, December 9, 2012

Here and There

I've been home now for about 2 weeks and I have to say, I'm glad to be back.  It's nice to feel some sense of normalcy again, especially now that the jet-lag has worn off.  Coming home from living halfway around the world the day of an important event was probably unwise.  I may have spent a  significant portion of Thanksgiving curled up in the corner of the couch asleep.  Don't worry, I did wake up for pie.

Back in Kenya, this week marks the culmination of all the work I and my standard 8 pupils have put in over the past year.  This week they took the exams for their Kenyan Certificates of Primary Education.  I've been thinking about them and crossing my fingers all week.  I'm very proud of all the work they have done this year to prepare themselves.  Michele wrote a lovely post about it for the GVI blog, which you should definitely go read: http://gvimombasa.blogspot.com/2012/12/a-dream-come-true-for-olives.html.

I won't get the results for a few months, but I will try to let you know how they did when I find out.  Until then I will be subbing in LPS, reconnecting with friends and enjoying all of the holiday festivities.  If I haven't gotten ahold of  you and you'd like to hang out, let me know.  My phone number hasn't changed.  I intend to be in Lincoln indefinitely; or at least until the end of the school year.  Then I'll see what the universe has in store for me.  My apologies if you don't hear much from me in the coming months, it's hard to find things that seem worthy of writing about when life just feels normal!


No comments: