Sunday, March 1, 2009

things i will miss

these are the things i will miss about china when i go back home:
  • constant amazement
  • baodzuh
  • eggplant
  • constantly meeting people from all over the world
  • fun taxi drivers
  • asian-style/family style eating
  • chopsticks
  • dumplings
  • my kids
  • my coworkers
  • life with my roommates
  • my friends
  • liquid yogurt
  • dancing at zapata's
  • constant challenge
  • cheap produce
  • kumkwats
  • mandarin oranges
  • raisins - i know they have these at home, but they are so much better here
  • dried kiwi
  • body wash with whitening
  • constant attention due to my white white face
  • being able to claim cultural ignorance when i do things i shouldn't
  • having strangers ask to take pictures with me
  • awesome fireworks and their utter disregard for public safety
  • constant activity
  • street vendors
  • my bus
i'm sure this list will grow and change over time (it's actually much longer than i thought it would be already). it will be interesting to see what i actually miss once i have been gone for awhile. i'm sure there will be things i can't even imagine right now.

No comments: